Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko has issued a stern warning, stating that an attack on his country would trigger the onset of a third world war. Speaking at an event in Minsk on Tuesday (September 17), he emphasized this caution. According to reports from Anadolu Agency, Lukashenko said, "I want to warn our adversaries, rivals, and those who still do not understand—do not do this. An attack on Belarus will ignite World War III."
He further stated, "I have previously mentioned, do not mistake Belarus' peaceful nature for weakness. If you do, you will be making a grave error. When I say this, don't think I'm imagining or exaggerating. No, this is the truth. In this case, we have some responses that we never had before."Lukashenko also highlighted Belarus' geographical location at the heart of Europe, where many wars have passed through its territory. He said, "We will ensure that there is no war on our land again, not in our generation or yours. We, the older generation, are fully prepared to give you a peaceful, beautiful, and dignified land. I swear to you, we have answers, and we have everything to make them think twice before coming at us."In recent weeks, Belarusian authorities have expressed concerns over the buildup of Ukrainian troops along the border and Poland's military presence. Earlier, on March 31, addressing lawmakers and citizens, Lukashenko had stated that U.S. and allied actions had sparked a full-scale war in Ukraine, increasing the risk of a third world war, including the use of nuclear weapons. He urged that efforts be made to stop the conflict before it escalates further, expressing willingness to take the risk of dialogue to end hostilities.

0 Comments